Section : P-I
(BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF INDIA)
DIRECTORATE GENERAL : ALL INDIA RADIONo.15/8/2010-P.I New Delhi, dated 04.10.2010
Subject: Booking of Retired Officials on casual assignment basis.
Reference this Directorate's communication of even number dated 09.06.2010 and 22.06.2010 on the above cited subject. The following additional guidelines are offered for all the stations :
FOR DUTY ROOM
In view of the shortage of Transmission Executives, AIR Stations have been engaging retired Trex/Pex on assignment basis. A fee of Rs.405/- per day of assignment may be given for such bookings, irrespective of the grade of the retired officer. Stations should observe strict economy in such bookings.
However, stations may as far as possible, desist from booking retired senior officers for duty room management.
FOR ASSIGNMENTS RELATED TO PROGRAMME PLANNING
Retd.PEX fee for Rs.600/- When booked for Special assignments.
Retd.IB(P)S Officer fee for Rs.1350/-per day - do -
When they are booked for programme production, fee as per fee structure will apply.
2. Strict economy is to be exercised in these bookings. These bookings are purely based on AIR Stations requirements and programme exigencies. The financial limit of Head of Programme in such bookings also stand enhanced accordingly.
3. It may be ensured that the assignment to an individual in the categories mentioned above does not exceed 29 days in a month, under any circumstances and the total remuneration paid in a month + pension should not exceed his/her last drawn salary.
4. This does not entail any right on any retired official for bookings for 29 days. It is only a provision to tide over contingencies at Stations, arising out of shortage of programme staff, and heads of programme have to exercise this provision with utmost diligence.
5. This issues with the approval of competent authority.( ALKA PATHAK )
DEPUTY DIRECTOR GENERALFOR DIRECTOR GENERAL
1. Programe Heads of all AIR Stations including Vividh Bharati.
2. DG(News)/DES/DNC/DTPES/Director, STI(P), STI(T).
3. All DDGs including Regional DDGs
4. All DPs/DDPs and ADPs.