1. If the anomaly is due to fixation of pay in the revised scales under sub-rule 7 of CCS (RP) Rules, 2008, the pay of the senior will be stepped up to the same stage in the revised pay band as that of junior.
2. In the case of senior promoted prior to 1-1-2006, vis-a-vis his junior promoted subsequent to that date in the revised pay structure under CCS (RP) Rules, stepping up should be done with effect from the date of promotion of the junior subject to fulfillment of the conditions stipulated under Note 10 of Rule 7 of CCS (RP) Rules, 2008.
3. In cases where two existing scales, one being a promotional scale for the other, are merged, and the junior, now drawing his pay at equal or lower stage in the lower scale of pay, happens to draw more pay in the pay band in the revised pay structure than the pay of the senior in the existing higher scale, the pay in the pay band of the senior shall be stepped up to that of his junior from the same date and he shall draw next increment in accordance with Rule 10.Conditions:-
1. Both the senior and junior employees should belong to same cadre and the posts to which they have been promoted or appointed should be identical and in the same cadre.
2. The junior and the senior should have held identical scales in the lower post should hold identical scales in the higher post.
3. The stepping up of pay is admissible with reference to the first junior (not necessarily immediate junior) on only one occasion; but if the junior concerned gets his pay stepped up at par with one junior to him, then the pay of the senior may again be stepped up.
4. The junior should not have been drawing more pay than the senior from time to time in the lower post.