GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF INFORMATION AND BROADCASTING
SHASTRI BHAVAN ‘A’ WING
NEW DELHI-110 001Dated : 25.02.99
SUBJECT : UPGRADATION OF PAY SCALES OF CERTAIN CATEGORIES OF EMPLOYEES WORKING IN PRASAR BHARATI
The employees belonging to certain cadres in All India Radio and Doordarshan (particularly,subordinate engineering and programme cadres )had been agitating for grant of higher scales of pay than those recommended by the Vth Central Pay Commission and accepted vide Government of India resolution of 30th September,1997. The matter has been carefully considered by the Government and it has been decided to further upgrade the scales of pay of the categories of employees of All India Radio and Doordarshan,of Prasar Bharati(Broadcasting Corporation of India) as indicated against each category in Annexure-I.
2. The grant of revised pay scales as mentioned in para 1 above will be subject to the following conditions:
(i) The upgraded scales will be allowed not as Govt. employees per se but as Government employees currently in service of Prasar Bharati(Broadcasting Corporation of India). As and when the employees,presently working in All India Radio and Doordarshan are asked to exercise their option,those employees who do not opt for Prasar Bharati will revert as Government servants and will no longer be entitled to above scales. They will also have to refund all benefits availed of by them as a result of the grant of higher scales of pay. They will be liable to recovery of all such benefits. An undertaking in the proforma given at Annexure-II to this effect has to be submitted by each and every employee concerned before availing the benefit of upgraded scales of pay. This is in accordance with their agreement with the Government to avail these upgraded scales on this condition only.
(ii) Upgraded pay scales would be effective from 1.1.1996 but payment of salary to employees as per upgraded scales of pay will be made with effect from 1st march,1999.
(iii) The employees concerned will be entitled to arrears with effect from 1st January, 1996 and these arrears will be paid in instalments. The first instalment of the arrears pertaining to the period from November 1997 till February 1999 will be paid by April, 1999. The second instalment pertaining to remainder of the arrears ( i.e. arrears from 1.1.1996 to October, 1997) will be paid by April, 2000. The payment of arrears shall be made after adjustment of the amount already paid to the categories of Technicians, Senior Technicians, Engineering Assistants and Senior Engineering Assistants on the basis of this Ministry’s office Memorandum No. 310/173/ 97-B(D) dated 5.12.1997.
(iv) In addition, the pay of those employees of All India Radio and Doordarshan who had been working as Transmission Executives as on 1.1.1978 or afterwards would be notionally fixed in the pay scales of Rs. 550-800 with effect from 1.1.1978 and in the pay scale of Rs.2000-3200 with effect from 1.1.1986 before fixing their pay in the upgraded pay scale as on 1.1.1996. But as per their agreement with the Government this will not entitle them to any payment of arrears for the period prior to 1.1.1996 and will be limited to fixation of their current pay as on 1.1.1996.
3. The pay fixation in the upgraded scales of pay shall be done as provided in CCS(RR) Rules,1997.
4. The benefit of the upgraded pay scales will be available to existing incumbents only and those new direct recruits who join after issuance of these orders will not be entitled to these scales, but will be governed by pay scales recommended by the Vth Pay Commission. However all promotions of existing incumbents shall be made in upgraded scales only.
5. Further, Prasar Bharati (DG:AIR and DG:DD) are also requested to identify the posts in the grades of Helper, Diesel Engine Driver, Diesel Technicians and Mast Technicians ,Zone wise, for placing them in the upgraded scales of pay in order of seniority as per the percentage of posts shown against each category in Annexure-I. The number of posts in higher scales of pay shall be with reference to the sanctioned strength indicated in Annexure-I against each post.
6. This issue with approval of Integrated Finance Wing vide their u.o. No.245/99/Fin.I dated 23.2.1999.
TELE : 3384547
COPY TO :
1.CEO Prasar Bharati, New Delhi.
2.Prasar Bharati ( DG:AIR-Shri H.M.Joshi, E-in-C ).
3.Prasar Bharati ( DG:DD-Shri B K De, E-in-C ).
4.Chief Controller of Accounts Min. of I&B]
5.P&AO(IRLA), Min.of I&B
AGCR Bldg. ,N. Delhi .
6.All P&AOs , AIR/DD .
7.Shri Bachchu Singh Meena , President , ARTEE.
8.Shri K.K. Choudhary , Gen. Secy. , ADTEA.
9.Shri S.P.Singh ,Gen. Secy. , PSA.
10.All Stations/Kendras of AIR/DD
11.Shri Yogendra Pal , Dir (E) , AIR.
12.Shri V.K.Aggarwal , Dir (E) ,D
TELE : 3389695
1 2 3 4 5
S.No. Category of posts No. of posts Pay scale granted Upgraded Scale
as per vth pay of pay(Rs.)
1. Assistant Engineer 1756 6500-10500 7500-12000
(including AEs in CCW) (+)322
2. Sr.Engineering Assistant 2054 5500-9000 7450-11500
3. Engineering Assistant 4245 5000-8000 6500-10500
4. Senior Technician 1580 4500-7000 5000- 8000
5. Technician 2946 4000-6000 4500- 7000
6. Diesel Technician 140 4000-6000 4000- 6000
7. Mast Technician 70 5000-8000
8. Diesel Engine Driver 130 3050-4590 3050-4590
9. Helper 1312 2650-4000 2650-4000
10. Programme Executive 1961 6500-10500 7500-12000
11. Transmission Executive 1841 5000- 8000 6500-10500
Hereby accept the upgraded scales granted vide Ministry of Information and Broadcasting’s order No.310/173/97-B(D) dated 25.2.1999 on the terms and conditions stipulated in para 2 thereof and undertake to refund all payments including arrears received by me with effect from 1.1.1996 on this account in the event of my not opting to become an employee of Prasar Bharati whenever I am asked to exercise such an option.